Path to citizenship
- Tax rate
- According to the Special Incentives to Retirees and “Rentistas” Law No.171-07, individuals with income derived from a non-Dominican source that match either of the two descriptions below will be allowed to obtain their provisional Dominican residency in 45 days and receive certain customs and tax exemptions:
- Retiree: any individual who receives a minimum monthly income of $1,500 (or its equivalent in DR pesos), derived from a pension or retirement income from a foreign source (government, official organisations, or foreign companies) who is interested in permanently relocating his residency to the Dominican Republic and will thereon receive the benefits of his pension or retirement income in the country.
- Rentista: a foreign individual who receives a minimum fixed monthly income of $2,000 (or its equivalent in DR pesos), derived from a foreign source, created by one of the following:
- Deposits and/or investments in banks abroad
- Remittances from banks or financial institutions abroad
- Investments in foreign companies established abroad
- Remittances derived from real estate properties
- Interest derived from securities issued in foreign currency abroad, which are deposited at financial institutions legally authorized to operate in the Dominican Republic
- Profits realized from investments in securities issued in foreign and/or national currency by the Dominican Government or its institutions. The source of the invested capital must be from abroad, and the currency exchange needs to be performed locally at any Dominican financial institution
- Interest, income, or dividends derived from investments (or real estate transactions) in the Dominican Republic, whose principal amount has been generated or earned abroad
Fees are the same for additional applicants as for the primary applicant.
Applicant always needs to get a special “residency visa” issued in Dominican consulate of your home country.
All fees are payable 70% in advance and the balance upon obtaining the applied-for status.
Fees do not include travel or hotel costs in Dominican Republic.
|Visa Free Countries||
|Passport Power Rank||
|Kind of citizenship||
|Renunciation original citizenship||